UMS 2 has a feature that allow you to save a fight in formatted text. This way you can post the fights in forums taking all the power forums allow you to decore text. As you can see this was done with the mma e-feds in mind but I’m sure you can find other useful uses to this tool.
The button is this one.
This button allows to save fortmatted text
Once we have a fight we can click that button and we will see a window that we can customize to add any tags we want.
Customize your tags
Once we click save button we can look for the file in the Custom folder. In you open it you will see the PBP text surrounded with tags. Let’s post it in a forum and this is what we get:
The PBP in colors
This feature will be expanded in future versions.
Here is a step by step guide to making a card in UMS 2.
Go to the “Fighters Explorer” tab.
1. Select the organization you want to be promoting the event.
2. Select the weightclasses you want to show and then click Load List button. There are two boxes in this window. The upper one will show then the fighters of the organization.
Select the fighters.
3. Right click over a fighter. A popup menu will appear. There are three options that are useful for making a card.
- Add to fight: This option will add the fighter to the card. If there is no fights in the card, a new fight will be created and the fighter will be put there. If there is a already a fight with only one fighter, the fighter will be added to that fight.
- Add to fight and find an opponent: The fighter will be selected and added to the fight with a randomly chosen opponent.
- Add to fight and find an opponent (SW): The fighter will be selected and added to the fight with a randomly chosen opponent of his same weightclass.
Right click in the fighter explorer to see the options
4. The fights you create will be shown in the bottom box of the window. Once you have create the fights you can right click in any fight and change the rules for that fight, change the referees or the fight category. You want a main event fight? Just right click and then select “Main Event” on the “Event Category” menu.
You can change the event category in the bottom box
5. The last step is chosing the last options for the card. Click in the “Card Details” button and select a venue. Once you are done click on the “Finish Card” button. The card is underway and the sim will show the Arena tab with the two first fighters entering the cage or ring.
Last step: Choose a venue and other options
UMS 2.0.6 is out. No big changes, just addressing a few bugs and adding a couple of modifications.
You can download the full application in the download page or (if you already have UMS installed) download the patch to 2.0.6.
*Fixed bugs 2, 3, 4, 5.
*Added “Export PBP” option to card.
*Fixed error when saving in Custom Folder.
*Added Radar Chart to the Fighters Editor.
A feature added in the last version of UMS is the training status. Training status may be enabled in the Configuration tab, checking the “Enable fighterstraining status” checkbox.
Training status is calculated when the fighter enters the cage. It modifies all the other status attributes (such as Defense Bonus, Accuracy bonus…). When the training status is low the fighter’s performance will drop. The training status is calculated mostly with the Heart attribute. It represents that fighters with higher focus and fight spirit will train harder and will come to the fight with better options.
Fighter training status